Wednesday, July 30, 2014

OAL 2014 - completed!

I have two items to share today.  I finished a dress and a cardigan as part of the OAL hosted by  Lauren from Lladybird and Andi from Untangling Knots.

First up is Simplicity 1803. I really enjoyed sewing this dress up. It was nice and easy and Lauren had a great tutorial going on her blog.



I am not sure what the fabric is, it is soft and drapey and a pleasure to sew with. It has a soft suede feel to it. As I mentioned previously, both the pattern and the fabric came from a Sewing Meet-up. So basically free!!



The waist is a little loose, but I think I will make a tie belt and that should help.

 



The cardigan is Andi's own design, the Myrna. It turned out bigger than I had anticipated, I know there was an issue with the test swatching of the pattern, so that could have been it. I am tempted to pop it in the dryer and see what happens, even though it is not unwearable as it is. It was a pleasure to knit up so I think I will make another one anyway in a different colour.

The hardest part of this cardigan was choosing the buttons! I needed up going with off-white one is the shape of a flower.





All in all I am happy with my creations!

1 comment:

  1. I believe I brought that fabric to the meet up. Pretty sure it was polyester, but I bought it years ago at Fabricland. It really does have a nice weight to it. What a great dress, the pattern and colour really suit you.

    ReplyDelete