Saturday, September 14, 2013

Burda 8072


I cut this out a couple of weeks ago, but then only got to finish sewing it when I started to follow Kayoticsewings's "20 minutes a day Sewalong" on Artisan's Square. I have been saying how busy I am, but really who can't find 20 minutes a day for something you enjoy?

So here's proof that all you need is 20 minutes a day...........


I had seen a dropped waist dress in a boutique that I passed while out running a while ago. I like to multi-task, window shop and run!! When I got home I searched through my pattern stash with no luck, so went out and purchased this Burda pattern at my local Fabricland.


I made View A and used a cotton fabric that has a little stretch to it. It is very easy to sew.

I used a plain black fabric for the flaps for the contrast.


The push to get it finished was also the fact that the temperatures are set to drop here in Toronto, so I wanted to wear it at least once this year.

6 comments:

  1. Looks great Debbie, very chic! And way to go combining your running & sewing time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chloe! If I could find a way to sew while I run it would be perfect! Jokes aside, I do a lot of the sewing planning in my head as I run.

      Delete
  2. I adore this dress! I have the same fabric in my stash, was intending to make a summer jacket... Now that summer is over maybe I'll make pants out of it? BTW, great haircut Debbie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was happy with the way this dress turned. Good old Fabricland sale fabric!!

      Delete
  3. That's a great looking dress Debbie. It's the kind of style that would be hard for me to pull off (would make my legs look very short), but it is fantastic on you.

    BTW, are we going to see a hot tub photo shoot when it's cold outside? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey, i have such short legs anyway, not going to make too much difference!!!!

      I sense a challenge about the hot tub! Will definitely have to have some photos outside in the snow with the hut tub in the background!!!

      Delete