Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Mathilde .......at last!



Late again as usual!

By now the entire sewing world has probably made at least one Tilly and the Buttons Mathilde Blouse, but better late than never I always say!!



I chose a soft white cotton fabric with a nice drape (from Fabricland) for this blouse. I know white is so boring, but white blouses are a wardrobe staple for me, especially for work.



I really like this pattern. I love the buttons at the back, an unusual feature for a blouse. I used clear buttons.

The construction steps were nicely explained in the pattern instructions (love the little check boxes!), but if you need more in-depth details you could just go to Tilly’s blog.



I will definitely be making more of this and in more exciting colours! Plus I know it is copying, but I have to do a chambray like Tilly! Luckily we live on different continents so the chance of us bumping into each other wearing the same blouse is minimal!!

8 comments:

  1. Love it! Looks so chic in white. I want one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got some lovely comments when I wore it to work. Definitely making more.

      Congratulations on a wonderful pattern. Hopefully there are more to come!

      Delete
  2. I have yet to make one. I started an online sewing community (literally just started) called United Fashion Sewers and this is our project for March. My plan is to make one for the last week of March because of another challenge I'm working on. Yours looks beautiful, I love the white...:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will look up your online sewing community and perhaps join in. It is always so nice to sew in a group, even if it is remotely!

      Delete
  3. There's nothing boring about this blouse! Great texture, nice accessories, great model! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comments! I am wearing one of my favorite necklaces a friend brought me back from South Africa, all hand beaded beads in black and white.

      Delete
  4. Really nice. I like white blouses - they are a wardrobe staple and they go with everything.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank! You can not have too many white blouses in your closet, in my humble opinion!!

      Delete