Sunday, March 3, 2013

Bag Lady

I have sewed not one but two bags in the last two weeks.  It does of course mean I am behind in my sewing goals for the year. But never fear, a Mathilde blouse is half finished on my sewing table. So keen am I to finish it, that I had 20 minutes to spare at about 6.45 am this morning (yes, 6.45am on a Sunday morning!!) so went and sewed before I headed out for my long run!

Anyway back to the bags. The first was a camera bag, the Paparrazi bag. I was a pattern tester for this new pattern from Sew Sweetness. I am not a quilter but I love her bags.

Front View
Back View
Here is my version of her Paparrazi bag. I love the fabric I chose, also love the pockets and inside there is  a removable insert to make the inner sections as wide or as small as you need.



 
The second bad was a shopping bag for a friend ( a hostess gift).


I used a ripcord nylon for this and I think it turned out well. Who doesn't need to keep a shopping bag in their handbag! I used the Simplicity pattern 2806 and sewed view B. This is the second bag I have done from this pattern and both have turned out well.

2 comments:

  1. That looks like a great camera bag pattern! I may have to make that one sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi my fav thing to do is make bags there something rewarding about making you're own.
    I'm impressed with yours the fabric choices are fab love the blog to have a pleasant weekend ttfn

    ReplyDelete