Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Shopping Bag



One of my goals this year was to start making some of my hostess gifts. So this is the first one, a reusable shopping bag. I used a twill fabric for the bag and then wide double fold bias tape for the edging and blue webbing for the handles.


I used Simplicity 2806, and made view E. I liked the 6 big pockets, 3 on either side. Perfect for 2L pop bottles, or bottles of wine.



I didn't line the bag as I felt the fabric was thick enough and instead of the long and short handles, I made just medium length handles. I did triple stitch the seams and also overlocked (serged) the edges.


I think the hostess really liked her bag and we had a really great dinner on Saturday night!


6 comments:

  1. Great bag!!! I saw that pattern and toyed with the idea of making one, but didn't as we've already got so many of the store kind. But this one is much nicer, and has the more useful pockets.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie! It was lovely meeting your yesterday! The pictures from our meeting are up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular papers fabulous, and My spouse and i enjoy each of the perform that you have placed into this. I’m sure that you will be making a really useful place. I has been additionally pleased. Good perform! Backpacks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Superior post, keep up with this exceptional work. It's nice to know that this topic is being also covered on this web site so cheers for taking the time to discuss this! Thanks again and again! Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Backpack

    ReplyDelete