Thursday, February 7, 2013

Sew Grateful Project Day




I was recently selected to test a bag for Sara, who blogs over at Sew Sweetness. It was a wonderful opportunity as I sew mainly clothes, but have enjoyed the few bags that I have made.




Sara designs and sells bag patterns.

I am “sew” grateful to have had the opportunity to assist someone start up their small business, by testing and commenting on the instructions on a pattern before they start selling them. I am now busy with another bag, but have to keep it secret until it is released!!

This bag was called the Accordion Bag. I decided to use black twill for the body of the bag and use scraps of silky type fabrics for the flap. I was going through the de-cluttering of my sewing room and clearing the junk, I had two bags of scraps to throw out, but rescued enough to stitch together and pleat for the flap. I then used black leather like fabric for the piping. I had used this for the edging of the corset I made in December.


As most of the fabric was used for various dresses and tops that I have made for myself, I call this bag my Memory bag!

Because of the fabric on the flap, I see this as a bag I will use in the evenings.

Previously I have been a tester for a Sewaholic pattern. I tested the Alma blouse in summer last year. Again, this to me shows how the sewing community assists each other. We help new independent designers with their businesses.

No comments:

Post a Comment