Doing my bit for the environment!
Over the last year or so my husband has tossed out about 4 shirts. They tend to give out on the upper sleeve, the rest of the shirt is fine. I couldn't bear to throw them away as I thought I could reuse the fabric. Waste not, want not and all that!
They have been languishing in my sewing room until on a recent weekend I had an idea.
I downloaded the free Colette Patterns Madeleine Mini Bloomers pattern.
If it wasn't for the fact that I did not have the right width elastic or any white ribbon, these would have been done in under an hour, and that inludes printing, taping and cutting the pattern!!! A nice easy project.
Unfortunately, as I was cutting a size medium I couldn't quite make a pair from one shirt, so I did some mixing and matching of stripes!!!
I have downloaded Zoe's camisole pattern and plan to use an old white t-sirt to make a camisole with a striped ruffle down the front to match.