Thursday, September 13, 2012

Madeleine Mini Bloomers

Doing my bit for the environment!




Over the last year or so my husband  has tossed out about 4 shirts. They tend to give out on the upper sleeve, the rest of the shirt is fine. I couldn't bear to throw them away as I thought I could reuse the fabric. Waste not, want not and all that!

They have been languishing in my sewing room until on a recent weekend I had an idea.

I downloaded the  free Colette Patterns Madeleine Mini Bloomers pattern.

If it wasn't for the fact that I did not have the right width elastic or any white ribbon, these would have been done in under an hour, and that inludes printing, taping and cutting the pattern!!! A nice easy project.

Unfortunately, as I was cutting a size medium I couldn't quite make a pair from one shirt, so I did some mixing and matching of stripes!!!

I have downloaded Zoe's camisole pattern and plan to use an old white t-sirt to make a camisole with a striped ruffle down the front to match.

2 comments:

  1. I've got a pile of my husbands old shirts I can't beat to throw out - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so cute. What a great idea for perfectly good fabric from a well loved shirt.

    ReplyDelete