Sunday, April 22, 2012

Renfrew Finished!



I have made my first Renfrew top and the second one is cut out on my sewing table ready to stitch up.

I have to admit I am not big on making muslins. I think with the little time that I have to sew, I want to create something I can wear. So what I tend to do, is purchase a cheaper fabric for my first go and still be able to wear it once finished.

A couple of months ago I was on Queen Street, in downtown Toronto and saw knit fabric on sale for $3/m, and it was a nice thickness, so I thought this would be good for my first attempt.





For the Renfrew I went done one pattern size as I was planning to use my overlocker (Serger) for most of the sewing and wouldn't need the seam allowances.

I think this took me about an hour from cutting table to try on time!

I think this is a great pattern and I plan to make many more in all the variations! And again for $3/m. Bargain!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment