Sunday, February 26, 2012

The Minoru Jacket

I finished my Minoru jacket the other day and I am very pleased with how it has turned out.



I used fabric from my stash and unfortunately there was not enough for the hood. The lining for the body of the jacket is a pretty floral cotton that I picked up somewhere for something! The lining for the sleeves is a silky material from Value Village.






I found it an easy pattern to follow and of course doing as part of a Sew Along just made it even easier! I did not make any alterations except to add in side seam pockets as I like to have somewhere to put my hands!



I got plenty of practice topstitching, using my machine’s triple stitch function. But the topstitching gives it a professional finish, so well worth the time spent on it.


I wore it out yesterday to go fabric shopping all afternoon with a friend.



11 comments:

  1. Great Minoru and the lining is very pretty.

    I'm still trying to work out what pockets to put on mine, as there have been some great tutorials from others for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon. I put in the side pockets but think that when I make my next one (with enough fabric for a hood), I am going to try pockets at the front.

      Delete
  2. Great jacket! I especially like the fun lining!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sophia, it brightens up the otherwise plain fabric of the jacket. I wish I could remember what I actually was going to make with it when I bought it!!

      Delete
  3. Looks good to me! I love the funky linings that everyone has on their Minorus. It must make you want to wear it unbuttoned more often just to show off the pop of colour. I do like the outer fabric, it seems dark enough to hide a bit of dirt but still be something different in a sea of black coats, plus the colour of the zipper. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful Minoru, and the lining is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Mary. I really enjoy wearing this jacket. It's a good fit and very comfortable. Looking for fabric to make another one. Perhaps in a nice pastel color for Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your Minoru looks fantastic! Seraphinalina made a good point about the colour in that it probably won't show dirt much. I LOVE your lining fabric, the large florals are really beautiful. I did something similar to yours, a darker grey, with a colourful lining...but I think I like yours better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks great. I was very pregnant during the sewalong and couldn't participate, but am almost back down to normal size post baby and can't wait to sew this jacket. Love the color and the lining of your version.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks beautiful! thank you so much :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, i read your blog occasionally and i own a similar one and i was just curious if you get a lot of spam responses?
    If so how do you protect against it, any plugin or anything you can recommend?
    I get so much lately it's driving me insane so any assistance is very much appreciated.

    Have a look at my page; continue reading

    ReplyDelete