Saturday, January 28, 2012

And we interrupt the sewing......



I spent a wonderful afternoon beading today. Two friends of mine make the most wonderful bead creations and we had lunch at one of their houses, followed by an afternoon of beading. Lunch was delicious, shrimp cocktail, carrot, ginger and bean soup, salad and a selection of cheeses followed by mini cupcakes and home made ice cream. Scrumptious, but I digress..........





I haven't done any beading since I started sewing seriously at the beginning of last year, but recently, in the space of a week, two work friends brought me some beads. And I wanted to make something special with them. So what better way to get inspiration than bead with friends.

One lot of beads was brought back from a Caribbean cruise, these are the beads I worked with today.

Using tiger tail, I made three separate strands of beads. I added some round white beads and a focal bead from my stash as well as silver filler beads. The large focal bead comes from my last trip to South Africa several years ago.

So here is my creation.

I braided the three strands together


I wear a lot of black so the color mix is good.

The other beads are dainty white beads and I have a peyote bracelet in mind. Stay tuned!!!

Forgot to mention the delicious teas we drank to keep us going! Chocolate Mint and Earl Grey Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment