Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Sewing

Over the years I have done little bits of sewing for Christmas. I always leave it to the last minute (surprise, surprise!!) so every year it it just one thing. Here are a few of my favourites:

Mini teddy bear christmas ornaments, made of little circles of material gathered together and lightly filled to make a body, limbs and head. Eyes and nose embroidered on with black thread. Topped off with a little Santa hat and bell. I have about 10 on my tree, I made many more but have given them away over the years:





The Log cabin quilt advent calendar. Each centre block has a cross stitched christmas theme. There are little flaps with tiny bells that form the close to keep these centre squares closed until ready to be opened as part of the count down to the big day.



Mini Christmas Stockings. I use these as  decorations on my Christmas table. One year I had a set of red ones and this year I have made green. I place the cutlery in them and put one at one at each place setting.



And then, although not technically sewing, I have made some beaded ornaments.

A star
A bit blurred, but an angel!

No comments:

Post a Comment