Monday, September 5, 2011

SSS The First Five Days

And we are off.......

Day one, and I started this challenge with skirt and top made earlier this year. Vogue Easy Options 2218. I really like this pattern and plan to make a long sleeved top and skirt for Fall / Winter.



As day two was a Friday, it was casual day at work. So I work a denim skirt sewn a couple of years ago from a 1990's 5 Hour Jeans/Skirt pattern. I also used my Amy Butler Hobo bag, stitched as part of the Style Stitches Sew Along.


Close up of the Hobo bag

Day three found me camping, so I was able to try out my jumpsuit / playsuit (whatever it is called!!), McCalls M6083. Very comfortable over my bathing suit for the beach.




Day four and although the weather was not as nice as the day before, it was shorts and t-shirt weather. The t-shirt is adapted from a dress pattern, Butterick 5247. Not a favourite, but perfect for camping.


Home again, and day 5 was the Jalie Jeans which I love. I have been meaning to make black and brown denim as well. Maybe as summer fades and it gets dark earlier, I will have more time to sew!!!




So all in all not a bad start to Self Stitched September!

No comments:

Post a Comment