Friday, April 29, 2011

The Royal Wedding - High Tea

I was up at 4.30 am this morning to start watching the Royal Wedding, I was not disappointed. Kate's dress was lovely. I'm surprised with all that media attention that she was able to keep the designer secret for so long. Very elegant. The whole wedding was lovely, no one can do pomp and ceremony like the English! Made me proud to be English (even if I haven't lived there in many, many years!!!)

Later at work, in honor of the  Royal Wedding, the cafeteria did High Tea. Scones with jam and cream, finger sandwhiches, cupcakes and pots of tea for $5. A colleague and I decided this would make a great team building event. So the department, many of us in dresses rather than the usual Friday jeans, donned hats and made tea time that extra bit special. Unfortunately most of the males in our department were suddenly too busy to join us!!!

I finished this dress recently had not had the opportunity to wear it.  It is Vogue V8353 which is unfortunately out of print at the moment. I had seen the pattern in a magazine and bought the pattern last year. I started it and then put it to one side and only recently finished it.

The pattern called for a lace insert above the hem and pretty though it looked, I decided against this, especially if I plan to wear in into the office again!


The  hat was from Winners. I wanted a fascinator, but I didn't have time to look around and find/make one. Next time I am dressing up though I will wear a fascinator as well!!

No comments:

Post a Comment