Friday, April 29, 2011

Cardigan Refashion


I have been reading several blogs about refashioning cardigans and sweaters. So I thought I would give it a try. I Picked up a plain black cardigan from Value Village and after giving it a good wash, decided that all it needed was new buttons.
Before. Cardigan with 12 plain plastic buttons

Why have 12 matching buttons when I could use 12 different ones from my button stash? Instead of going to the trouble of re-working the button holes, I sewed the buttons on over the holes, and then put snap fasteners on to close the cardigan. Two of the buttons (the green flat one and the plain grey one) are actually had made by me. Many years ago I did a pottery class and made this out of some odd pieces of clay.
After. More interest with different buttons

Snap fasteners inside

No comments:

Post a Comment