Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Me Made March

Days 19 to 23



For Saturday, Day 19, I had made a t-shirt to wear with jeans. I used the Butterick pattern (same as the purple dress). It’s a bit big for my liking. Not sure if I will wear again, or cut up into another tee (maybe a more casual Pendrell

Day 20. Complete blank for today. But realized as I went to walk the dog, that the scarf I had put on was the infinity scarf I made from a thrift store sweater. I had originally bought it to felt and make wine sleeves as hostess gifts at Christmas time. But I didn’t check the wool content and it didn’t felt. So I cut it into strips, sewed into a tube, twisted and joined and voila an infinity scarf.


Day 21. Monday. I had a breakfast meeting and was in a hurry to get out of the house so  although I had planned to start wearing some spring clothes, I ended up with a wardrobe staple, my  grey suit and the black and white Pendrell under the jacket.


Day 22, Tuesday. I was determined to wear something springy as the calendar says it is spring. I paired a self stitched A-Line skirt (first attempt at basic pattern drafting) that I made as part of the spring palette challenge, with a new top (H&M) and my faithful black jacket. The necklace is also self-made. This outfit was inspired by a picture I saw on the Anthroplogie website a month or so ago.


Day 23. Wednesday and mother nature decided that she would dump snow on us. Nice winter weather! So it was back to black pants, the beige top (which is the third wear as part of this challenge, not bad for something that has been languishing at the back of the closet for several years!) and the green H&M Jacket.

No comments:

Post a Comment