Saturday, March 5, 2011

Me Made March

The Early Days!


So far so good. I have had my clothes out ready the night before so that I know exactly what I am wearing.  That is most unusual for me; I normally open the closet door in the morning and see what takes my fancy! But often if I am running late, it is a matter of what is clean does not require any ironing!!

Day One, the purple dress. This is a fast and easy dress (Butterick B5247). I made it almost entirely with my serger. Very nice to wear. I have been meaning to use the pattern and make a top  as well. As I work in an office, dresses are perfect.

Day two, my jumper dress. Simplicity 2848 (inspired by Project Runway). Love it to bits, I either wear it with a black blouse like I did on day two, or with a white blouse. I like to wear it with black boots. The gemstone necklace is also self -made. I call it my yoga necklace as I got the idea from a yoga web site. The different gemstones have different healing and mood properties and work with your chakras apparently!


Day three, I wore my Sewaholic Pendrell blouse for the first time. I got so many compliments, so that made me very happy! I hauled my pearl necklace out as I wear it so rarely these days and I think it went vey nicely with the polka dots.

Day four and it’s Friday. That means casual in our office.  This denim skirt I made a couple of year ago from a 1990’s 5 hour jeans/ skirt pattern. (Do the 1990s count as vintage yet??! ) The scarf is self-made; I laid various threads onto water-soluble paper, put a layer of the same paper on top and then stitched in a big zigzag motion all over the scarf. Then soaked in water, and a very pretty scarf and so easy.

No comments:

Post a Comment