Thursday, February 17, 2011

The Crepe Dress

I finished the Crepe dress on Sunday afternoon, just in time to wear it for a nice Valentine’s dinner on Monday night at a local Thai restaurant.

It is a lovely dress to wear and really comfortable. When I make it again I will make the top one size smaller. It seemed to fit fine when I did the muslin, but I felt it was little big when completed.


Probably not ideal to wear boots with it, but this is winter in Canada!

I loved the Sew-Along. Gertie is an amazing teacher and I can not wait for her book. I enjoyed the video clips as well, made the sewing experience very enjoyable.

So what did I learn from this sew-along? What was new for me?
·       Underlining
·       Princess seams
·       Proper clipping and notching of curved seams

All in all a great introduction to Colette patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment