Sunday, January 30, 2011

My Sewing "Room"

For years, every time I wanted to sew, it involved bringing out my sewing machine and over locker (serger), and taking over the dining room table for a few days. Fabric and notions all over the place. Then, being the social people we are, someone would be coming round to dinner on the weekend and then back everything would be packed. Then my darling took it upon himself to build me my own little sewing area in the unfinished part of our basement.

I did some research on the web and found a lot of information about heights of sewing table, cutting tables etc to be ergonomically correct.

Now if I have 5 minutes while something is on the stove, I can nip down sew a seam and just leave everything where it is when I am finished. Now I want to sew more and more!
I love my little area. I have my iPod docking station there. My treadmill is nearby, although I haven’t figured out a way to combine running and sewing yet (working on it!).

My little sanctuary!!
Cutting out a project.

In the background you can see my husband's workshop.




No comments:

Post a Comment